Monday 1 August 2011

Guest Designer - HMITM 177

I was totally stoked to be chosen as Guest designer for How Much is too Much for the month of August.
I have been following this site for some time now and I really look forward to the challenges every 2 weeks, they push you too the edge and beyond using up all your older and forgotten stash, of course you could use new too but I love to use something that has sat around for ages (makes me feel like I was right to buy 2 of them after all lol) Really if you have never been across to see what it's all about I would get your mouse scurrying over there right now!!!
Challenge 177 goes like this:

Did you know today is the first day of International Clown Week? Using this picture as inspiration,

 create a layout using:


* 8 buttons
* 1 flower
* 11 different patterned papers
* 1 red circle
* mist or paint


I always scrap when we go away in the Uk and I created the background in stripes,to represent the clowns top, using all strips from the papers I had used on my layouts on one of our holidays, plus a picture of us in our favourite spot on that holiday.I just dotted the buttons around in a random fashion like juggling balls in the air. The big bold black title reminded me of the great big shoes the clown in the picture is wearing.I added the flower and the red circle down at the bottom in a cluster with some of the buttons. I whitewashed over the strips and although you cant see it clearly in this picture i did splash some white paint onto the white background and also added some liquid pearls dotted about. Although this layout hasnt got a clowning around theme I always remember the fun we had in our time spent at Challabourough Bay in the UK. While at first this seemed like a daunting challenge once I started it all started to come together quite nicely.



                                       Hope you are inspired to play along
                                                    Toodle Pip XXX
  

1 comment:

  1. Love the use of all the strips of paper you worked them beautifully. Great photo and you rocked the buttoms, you know how much I love those...lol So glad you played along.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments