Monday 29 August 2011

How Much Is Too Much 179

My last layout as guest designer for HMITM. It's been a pleasure to design for them this month
The criteria this time was
Challenge 179 - August 29 school's back
It's that time of year, school is back in session...so let's use
* 1 lined paper
* 7 paper clips
* 9 staples
* and use the primary colours, red, blue, and yellow.

I havn't had the chance to scrap any of Star's school pics yet so this was the perfect opportunity.
I  found some large yellow paper clips and wanted to use them in a different way and came up with idea of fanning them out into a flower shape behind the pic. So then that got me thinking of the staples and how I could mix those up a bit, I actually ended up using 10 red ones and formed a star shape in the title. I enjoyed adding lots of little elements to this layout to make it schooly (if thats a word!)
Lots of scraps from different manufacters including Sass, Cosmo & Echo Park. The lined paper is Collage press

Had lots of fun with this one, hope you all play along too
Toodle Pip xxx

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic page! You are so creative! Brilliant solutions to the paper clip and staple elements! Awesome mix of papers, and I love the blue doily.
    So happy you're our guest designer this month! You rocked the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. coming over from Nook to say congrats ! love your layered style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love that layout Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's SUCH a cool LO! Love all the colours!!//Annelie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Tracee, I am so impressed how you used not only your staples to make a start but also turning your paper clips into a flower. WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments