Monday 15 August 2011

My Minds Eye - August sketch challenge

My Scrapbook Nook Kit this month had the rather delicious My Minds Eye Lime Twist range in it. I decided to use these for the sketch challenge over on the MME blog this month
This was the sketch
And this is my take on it
I started off by deconstructing the die cut paper and added a border of white cardstock before handstitching it back together around the edges, I then glossy accented the kites and the title die cut which I have cut into a pennant shape, I then layered up the paper staying quite true to the orginal sketch I added twine and a couple of brads to complete it.
All Supplies used are MME (apart from the border of white cardstock & Glossy accents)

Lime twist - Fly a Kite, Soar die cut paper
Lime twist - Fly a Kite, spring Stars paper
Lime twist - Fly a Kite, Everyday lines paper
Lime twist - Fly a Kite, spring zag paper
Lime twist - Fly a Kite, wish ribbon paper
Lime twist - Fly a Kite, spring accessories sheet
Breaking Free lighten up baby Best Buds Small accessories
Breaking Free lighten up baby Best Buds Small accessories title
Stella Rose decorative brads
Twine
Hope you like it
Toodle Pip X




2 comments:

  1. What an absolutely delightful page, Tracee! LOVE how you deconstructed the paper and restitched it, and the glossy accents ont he kite--so fab! What a darling photo--so perfect for this whimsical collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the papers you used for this page, you have created such a wonderfully fun page using the sketch. Love the stitching, distressing and the layering. Woot, woot, you should be easily selected with this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments