Saturday 14 January 2012

CSI case 1 solved

My good friend Debbi has launched a new website called CSI (colour stories and inspiration) and if you havn't checked it out yet it is so worth a visit. Its a colour challenge site and so much more with each "case"
Here is case 1
Now I must admit that I struggle with colour challenges as a rule but this one has just so many prompts and things to ease you into it. I first went with picking the papers which are from a variety of different manufacturers, then one of the journaling prompts was to document something mad silly or crazy and I came across the pictures of Leon and Byron on Star's scooter and voila I was up and running!
Here is what I came up with
Stars on my layouts seem to be the theme this week lol
I distressed all the papers and also doodled around all the edges (it's been ages since I did that but I love the definition it gives!)
Supplies used
Cosmo cricket Garden Variety (mini deck)
Crate Paper random
Studio Calico - Armstrong
MM - journal book - paper reverie sienna
cant for the life of me remember the ruler piece but I think it was october afternoon
Star & arrow stickers by Sassafras
7 gypsies word stickers
Cosmo cricket - tiny type alphas
and the swirls were part of a rub on by Foof-a-la
AC vinyl thickers

and  a close up before I go

I do hope you will pop over and play along or visit the chatroom it's such a great place to hang out!
There is a new case each week and you get plenty of time to upload
Toodle Pip x




3 comments:

  1. This turned out fabulously!! I love the title on the stars, and all the layering looks amazing!! Great job with the colors!! You sweat it way too much!! :) Fantastic job, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, the title is great and love how you used the colours, great to have a challenge site back and running, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting selected over at CSI, lovely page and Iam loving the use of those stars.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments