Wednesday 20 November 2013

Scrap Around the World with Bo Bunny

This month Bo Bunny got to Guest Design at the great challenge site Scrap Around the World. Each month at SATW they have the most fabulous "mood board" which provides inspiration in many ways including a sketch
Some of the Bo Bunny team played along and we were featured on the site here
This was the mood board

And my take
It was notoriously hard to photograph but my background paper is a soft green, that I coated with gesso, when I photographed it it then gave it all those dark shadows.
I was first inspired by the bright colours in the rainbows, when I was looking for a bright photograph I found this one of my daughter with her best friend and the shape she is making with her body looked very much like the shape of a Rainbow . I used elements of the sketch, by mimiking the half circles with machine stitching also the way the title was curved around the half circles. I added the butterflies because like rainbows there are here one minute and gone the next leaving behind a little burst of happiness.

When I was creating the layout I thought to myself that I hadn't seen a Rainbow in a long while and lo and behold when I picked my little Grandaughter up from school the very next week we saw these 2 rainbows, so I snapped a quick pic on my phone.
There is so much inspiration over on the SATW blog it's one not to be missed.
 Toodle pip x

All supplies used are Bo Bunny
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your lovely comments