Wednesday 26 March 2014

Pink Paislee Pen Pals

Hi Tracee with you today to share the projects I made with the fabulous Pen Pals collection by Pink Paislee.
I loved working with this collection! As you can see, this is a very versatile collection, suitable for just about any subject. The papers' palette is a wonderful mix of soft, neutral, and bold colours, and the patterns are so easy to combine. The embellishments are really great and varied too.


It was the "Love This" card that started the page below. I just love the pictures of my husband and me with our dogs, and that card called these pictures to mind. From there, the layout just fell into place, with the other heart elements and the Hugs and Kisses postal mark. The wood veneer shapes by Scrap365 were a perfect accompaniment. The pink and navy look so pretty together, and that awesome geometric background was a perfect backdrop.


I took a small snippet from one of the journaling cards and placed it to fit inside the wood love frame. I then cut one of the chipboard stickers in half  & layered it inside the frame for a sweet detail. 

 

I used the other half of the sticker over the paper that is coming out of the typewriter. I added both machine stitching and handstitching to the layout, always great for adding another texture to your page


 

I really love all the patterns in this collection and was looking for a way to showcase a bunch of them. The circle template, cut on my electronic die-cutter, was a great way to use many patterns without overwhelming the darling photo of my son.

 

The 3 x 4 pocket cards make great mats for your photo and are also good for just tucking in here and there. There are 3 sheets of stickers in the pack so you get plenty to choose from and they also look good layered up together. 



 

I cut the circle template was a great way to use up some of your small scraps and I wanted these papers to last for as long as possible as they are fabulous!. 


 

I used the same circle background to create this card. The typewriter was cut from one of the patterned papers. Framing it with the layered chipboard frame was a great way to make the typewriter stand out.
I could create for ages with this paper collection it really is awesome.
I hope you enjoyed my projects, I had a great time creating them

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your lovely comments