Sunday 2 November 2014

Mixed Media Place Exercise Gym, exercise 1

I really enjoyed last months challenge over at the Mixed Media Place and so here I am playing along again with this months challenge
I am looking forward to getting "fit" with these challenges
 
 
 
Black White Grey and one other colour was the criteria, I wanted a happy colour to represent how I feel when reading and so I went with Yellow
 
This is what I came up with
 
Wisdom Scrapbook Page Tracee Provis Mixed Media Place creative gym exercise 1
 
Whilst browsing the web I have been looking at the Gelli printing plates and thinking what fun they look, I wanted to try the mono printing idea out and I found an old silicone rubber mat that is used in the kitchen, this is what I used to create the polka dot background to my page.
 
 
One side is smooth and the other is slightly grained I smeared black acrylic paint onto the grained side of the mat with my brayer and then layed the polka stencil over it. I took off the stencil and placed my paper on top and smoothed it out, when I peeled it off I had a really cool looking background (not quite Gelli plate but very interesting looking)
 
Wisdom Scrapbook Page Tracee Provis Mixed Media Place creative gym exercise 1 02
 
I continued stamping and I found most of the items on the page just laying around on my desk, the paper coaster was holding my cup of tea but I peeled off some layers and added yellow paint to it and placed it behind my photo. I used more of the yellow acrylic paint and another floral stencil to the edges to complete my page.
 
I really enjoyed this challenge once again can't wait for next month!
Toodle Pip x
 

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous work, Tracee! Love your background! How cool are the straws. Really cool stuff going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice technique!!! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sunny and lovely! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page .....so many beautiful background details. Thanks for joining us this month at Mixed Media Place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments